Diam Arts nv gives great importance to the protection of your personal data (and to the respect of your privacy). In this privacy statement, we want to provide you clear and transparent information about the nature of the data we collect and how we handle your personal data. We make every effort to ensure your privacy and therefore handle your personal data with utmost care. Diam Arts nv complies in all cases with the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation. This implies at least that we in any case:
- process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which they were provided, this purpose and the type of personal data are described in this Privacy Statement;
- process only the personal data that are required as a minimum for the purposes for which they are processed;
- ask for your express consent if we need it for the processing of your personal data;
- take the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- do not pass your personal data on to other parties, unless this is necessary for carrying out the purposes for which they were provided;
- be aware of your rights regarding your personal data, point these out to you and respect them.
As Diam Arts nv we are responsible for the processing of your personal data. If you, after reading our privacy statement, or more in general, have questions about it or if you want to contact us, please use the following contact details:
Schoonzichtlaan 26, 3020 Herent
Why do we process personal data
Your personal data are processed by Diam Arts nv for the following purposes and on legal grounds. We also mention during which period the information must necessarily be processed in order to achieve this purpose:
- To participate in the activities such as the sale of jewellery by Diam Arts nv (execution of agreement, 7 years) which includes among others the following matters: contact the customer, conclude sale with customer, quotes, repairs or adjustments (1 month), returns, down payment, certificates, insurance certificates, guarantee certificates, gift vouchers (1 year), payments;
- To send newsletters, promotions and invitations (with permission of person involved, 5 years after last visit).
For the aforementioned purposes, we may request (and store / collect / process) the following personal data from you:
- Personal identity details: name, first name, address, phone number, e-mail;
- Bank data: bank account number and the transactions relating to the commercial relation with Diam Arts nv;
- Metadata relating to transactions such as date and place.
We use the collected data only for the purposes for which we obtained them.
Sharing with third parties
We can share the data you give us with third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the aforementioned purposes. We use for example a third party for:
- providing an internet environment (web hosting);
- providing an IT infrastructure (including IT network,…);
- providing (and distributing) newsletters and invitations.
We never share personal data with other parties with which we have not concluded a processor agreement.
With these parties (processors) we will of course make the necessary arrangements to ensure the security of your personal data.
Furthermore, we will not pass on the information you provide on to third parties (other parties provide), unless required and permitted by law. An example thereof is that the police may request (personal) data in the context of an investigation. In such a case, we must cooperate and are therefore obliged to provide this information.
We can also share personal data with a third party if you give us permission (in writing) for this. You have the right to revoke this permission at any time, without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing before the permission was revoked.
We do not share personal data with parties located outside the EU.
We only process personal data of minors (persons under the age of 16) if written permission was given by the parent or legal representative.
Diam Arts nv does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which they were provided or than required by law. The storage periods are listed together with the purpose of processing. This allows us to process information not longer than necessary.
We have taken the appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing, we have thus taken the following measures:
- All persons who are in a position to access your data on behalf of Diam Arts nv, are obliged to respect their confidentiality.
- We use a policy of username and password on all our systems;
- We pseudonymise and ensure encryption of personal data if there is a reason to do so;
- We make back-ups of personal data so that we can recover them in the event of physical or technical incidents;
- We test and evaluate our measures on a regular basis;
- Our collaborators have been informed about the importance of protecting your personal data.
Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to inspect, correct or remove the personal data we have received from you. You can find how you can contact us at the top of this privacy statement. You can also reach us through the contact page of our website www.diamarts.be/privacy. In order to prevent misuse, we ask you to identify yourself adequately. In order to check your identity, we ask you to send along a copy of your identity card. We strongly advise you to make your passport photo invisible and to mention that it is a copy.
You can also lodge an objection (opposition) against the processing of your personal data (of part thereof) by us or by one of our processors.
You also have the right to have the data that you provided to us be transferred by us to yourself or in your name directly to a third party. We can ask you to identify yourself before we comply with the aforementioned requests.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us directly. You always have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority, i. e. the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection.
Changes to the privacy statement
Diam Arts nv can change its privacy statement. We will announce any changes on our website. The most recent version is always shown on the website www.diamarts.be/privacy. Older versions of our privacy statement are stored in our archive. Please send us an e-mail if you want to consult these.