GENERAL SALES CONDITIONS
1. All invoices are payable in Winksele.
2. Unless otherwise stipulated in writing, our invoices are payable 30 days after invoice date.
3. Any amount that remains unpaid on its due date shall automatically and without notice yield interest calculated on the basis of the Belgian legal interest rate plus 2%.A minimum interest rate of 8% shall, however, always apply on an annual basis.
4. In case of non-payment on the due date, the amount of the invoice shall be increased by 10% by operation of law and without notice of default being required where a minimum of € 25,00 shall apply.
5. The non-payment on the due date of a single invoice makes the balance due of all other invoices including those that have not fallen due, immediately due and payable by operation of law.
6. If the buyer fails to fulfil his/her obligations on time, the sale can be terminated by operation of law without notice of default being required, without prejudice to our rights to full compensation and interest. This termination shall be notified by us by registered letter.
7. All complaints must reach us by registered letter within eight days after receipt of the goods or delivery of the services.
8. In case of cancellation of an order by the customer, we are entitled to claim compensation equal to 30% of the agreed price.
9. If we should believe that the buyer’s creditworthiness is at risk due to acts of judicial execution against the buyer and/or other demonstrable events that question and/or make impossible the confidence in the proper execution of the commitments entered into by the buyer, we reserve the right, even if the goods have already been shipped in whole or in part, to suspend all or part of the order and to demand from the buyer the appropriate guarantees. If the buyer refuses to accept this, we reserve the right to cancel all or part of the order, all this without prejudice to our rights to full compensation and interest.
10. Retention of title: the goods shall continue to be our property until full payment of the price and must be returned to us at our first request. All risks are at the expense of the buyer. The advance payments shall not be returned and are deemed compensation for possible losses in the event of resale.
11. If the buyer processes or resells the goods belonging to us, he/she shall assign to us all claims arising from this resale.
12. The drawing and/or acceptance of bills of exchange or other negotiable documents does not constitute a novation and does not constitute a deviation from the terms and conditions of sale.
13. If goods are entrusted on consignment, the customer shall return the goods at the first request.
14. In case of dispute, the courts of Leuven (Belgium) or the courts of the buyer’s or commissioner’s domicile, at our discretion, are deemed the only competent courts.
15. Your DIAM ARTS jewellery is covered by a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects under normal use.
The following is not covered by this manufacturer’s guarantee:
– normal wear and tear and ageing (e.g. scratches, discoloration and change of colour and/or material)
– damage to any part of the jewellery resulting from inappropriate/incorrect use, neglect, negligence, accidents (knocks, dents, crushing, etc.).